Classrooms and concert halls are available at reasonable rates during non-peak periods of the year, providing the school with crucial funds for building maintenance and technology improvements.
If you are interested in renting a Butler School space for an event, workshop, or even rehearsal space, submit a request and staff will respond with availability and a rental quote.
Butler School rental requirements:
- A signed contract with The University of Texas at Austin and Butler School policies, to be reviewed by the University contracts department
- Organizations must submit proof of liability insurance
- Payment of a rental fee, which includes labor costs, parking permits, etc…
- A tuning fee if piano or harpsichord are being used
- At least one monitor on duty must be hired for any rental
Facility and schedule:
- We do not rent to outside organizations during the busiest times of our academic program: November through early December / March through April
- The Butler School does not produce rental events or provide stage managers to call a show. Rental customers need to handle their own production logistics and communicate any special needs to Butler School staff during the contracting process, well before the date of the event.
- Rental customers should plan to provide their own front of house staff. If additional assistance is needed, needs should be communicated during the contracting process.
- The Butler School does not provide sound support. Projection is only available in the Recital Studio (our smallest lecture/recital hall).
- Butler School staff will not supervise minors.
- None of our venues are appropriate or safe for dancing.
- Our Recording Services team can provide video and audio recordings (video options are dependent on the space). These services are subject to staff availability.
Rental of performance venues requires a 3-hour minimum.
|Bates Recital Hall (seats 650)||$200/hour|
|Jessen Auditorium in Homer Rainey Hall (seats 320)||$200/hour|
|Recital Studio (seats 175)||$200/hour|
|Large Rehearsal Rooms||$75/hour|
|Green Rooms (individual classrooms)||$30/hour|
|Monitor on Duty (required)||$30/hour|
|Platform Risers, Choral Risers, and/or Shells (setup and strike)||$130|
For all-day rental requests for several days (such as recording sessions or workshops), the Butler School is willing to work with organizations on a daily flat fee.
STEREO AUDIO RECORDING
Bates, Jessen, Recital Studio. Includes one engineer
STEREO AUDIO & VIDEO RECORDING | 1 Camera
1 fixed HD camera. Must be concurrent with audio recording. Basic post (cut, fades). Includes one engineer.
STEREO AUDIO & VIDEO RECORDING | 4 Camera
4-live-switched cameras. Must be concurrent with audio recording. Basic post (cut, fades). Includes one engineer. Available in Bates Recital Hall only.
MULTI-TRACK AUDIO & VIDEO RECORDING | 1 Camera
1 fixed HD camera. Must be concurrent with audio recording. Basic post (cut, fades). Includes one engineer. Available in Bates Recital Hall only.
MULTI-TRACK AUDIO & VIDEO RECORDING | 4 Camera
Must be concurrent with audio recording. Basic post (cut, fades). Includes two engineers. Available in Bates Recital Hall only.