In 2021, the Experimental & Electronic Music Studios began developing a series of concerts designed to push the boundaries of traditional expressions of music. These performances involve a wide range of musicians, including guest artists and alumni alongside ensembles and composers.
The studio presents between five and six of these performances each season:
- Performers: involving Major student performers and/or composers
- Amplified: works for amplified instruments
- Inlarge: project in connection with the New Music Ensemble, dedicated to large ensemble and electronic
- Touching and Thinking/Technic Talks: web presentation of artist and guest artist of EMS
- No Frontier: transmedia project in connection with Visual arts, Dance and Theater departments.
Below you can find a list of our upcoming performances, as well as view past events that feature the Experimental and Electronic Music Studios.
Upcoming EEMS Events
Works for solo instruments and electronics
Benjamin Kronk, violin
Sam Wheeler, percussion
Jeanne Hourez, piano
Miki Sasaki, trumpet
Gabriel Araújo, Tanner Jones, Deniz Aslan and Caio Campos, electronics
with SoundMap Ensemble
Januibe Tejera, conductor
Gabriel Araújo, Tanner Jones, Deniz Aslan, and Caio Campos, electronics
An Index of Metals