UT Libraries – Phased Reopening
The UT Libraries is reopening in alignment with the Research Restart Plan from the Office of the Vice President for Research. “Research Levels” represent the policies and practices for resuming on-campus research based on our current knowledge of the COVID-19 pandemic, and are subject to change. As of June 22, 2020, we are operating in Level 3. Level 2 of the UT Libraries reopening is scheduled to begin before UT classes start on August 26, 2020. The following information is available in more detail on our Libraries Services Continuity guide.
- Limited retrieval service for library materials that are not available online
- Scanning for Fall 2020 course materials
Scheduled to begin before classes start on 08/26/2020
- Expanded electronic access to resources and continued robust online support for researchers, instructors, and students
- Closed stacks access to library materials that are not available online
- Limited public services, solitary study, and use of computer labs in PCL entry level for the UT community only
- Access to Archives and Special Collections by appointment only with social distancing protocols (for UT Libraries, this includes the Benson Latin American Collection, the Architecture and Planning Library Special Collection, and the Alexander Architectural Archives)
Music Collections Update
With regard to expanded electronic access to resources and continued online support, UT Libraries will maintain expanded HathiTrust access to scanned print materials throughout the Fall semester. In addition, we now have subscriptions to the following audiovisual streaming resources (licenses are pending, but all four databases will be available by the start of Fall semester):
- Naxos Music Online (like Spotify for classical music!)
- Metropolitan Opera on Demand
- Medici.tv (like Netflix for classical music!)
- Digital Theatre Plus (includes opera, musical theatre, Broadway HD titles!, dance, film, teaching tools, interviews, and technical theatre content)
Further, unlimited-user, perpetual access licenses have been added for many reference sources, including The Oxford Companion to Music, The Oxford Companion to the American Musical, The Grove Dictionary of American Music, and many more. A notice will be sent when the Library Research Guides have been updated with new links and information.
Ordering and shipment of print materials has been on hold since the shelter-in-place order on March 13th. Ordering and shipment of print materials will resume when staff is onsite and available to process the materials. Currently, all physical materials that are returned to the library are going through a stage of quarantine before handling. All books ordered for the collection since March have been unlimited access eBooks. If faculty would like help learning how to access these titles, or how to link to them for your Syllabus or Canvas site, please let Corinne Burke email@example.com know.