Video Audition Deadline: December 1
All Butler School of Music applicants will audition by video recording. In-person auditions for fall 2021 admission consideration are not available.
2021 Zoom (Virtual) Interview Dates
Applicants who pass the prescreen round will be invited to interview with the faculty on one of the dates below.
- Bassoon: January 23, 29, 30
- Cello: January 23 (Tsang), January 30 (Tsang & Gindele)
- Clarinet: January 16, 23
- Classical Guitar: January 23, 30
- Composition: January 23, 30
- Double Bass: January 16, 23, 30
- Euphonium: January 16, 23, 30
- Flute: January 28, 30
- Harp: January 16, 30
- Horn: January 16, 23, 30
- Jazz (all instruments): January 23, 30
- Oboe: January 16, 23, 30
- Organ: January 16
- Percussion: January 22, 23, 24
- Piano: January 23, 30
- Saxophone: January 16, 23, 30
- Trombone: January 16, 23, 30
- Trumpet: January 16, 23, 30
- Tuba: January 16, 23, 30
- Viola: To be arranged
- Violin: January 24, 29, 30
- Voice: January 16, 23, 30
Requesting an Interview
Submit the university application by December 15 (freshmen) or December 21 (external transfers) and the Butler School of Music application by December 21.
Your music application includes:
- Audition video(s)
- Introductory video
- Three letters of recommendation
- Composition portfolio (composition applicants only)
- Résumé (optional)
- View detailed application instructions online:
Within five business days of submitting your Butler School of Music application you will receive an email that will indicate one of the following:
- Your application was successfully submitted and has been forwarded to the faculty for review.
- Additional steps are required prior to faculty review (ex: submission of university application).
After December 21, all applicants will be prescreened based upon the recorded audition videos and other materials submitted with the music application.
- Applicants who pass the prescreen round will be invited to interview with the faculty.
- Prescreen results will be available in January.
- The interview may also include a virtual audition or lesson. Review your repertoire requirements for details. Composers should review the composition requirements.
- Please do not make plans to travel to campus for an audition or interview. In-person auditions for fall 2021 admission consideration are not available.